Thursday, August 14, 2014

Kueh Loyang / Kueh Rose / Kueh Goyang

I'm going to start documenting my food journey.This post is merely my own personal journal towards a successful recipe.

I've been trying new stuffs and often when asked, I've forgotten how exactly I've done it and what next I should do to fine tune the steps or recipe.

I'll start with this Kueh Rose or Kueh Loyang or Kueh Goyang or whatever you call it, is the same.

This is a traditional kueh. Of late, I am more interested in trying traditional kueh which I feel is slowly being replaced by modern and westernised cakes and sweets.

As with other traditional kueh, the ingredients pretty simple. The steps though leceh, it is easy actually once you've destroyed made a couple of the kueh.

Here you go.

Ingredient .
1.5 cup rice flour
1 cup coconut milk
1 egg
0.5 cup sugar
0.5 teaspoon salt
Rose essense (Optional. original recipe did not add rose essence. I added a few drops smell)

1) Mixed into batter.
2) Run through a sieve to remove lumps. (i skipped this as I used hand blender to mix all so it's lump free)

3) How to fry kueh ros.

This below is how I done it. Heat up the mold in hot oil for few mins. Dip 3/4 through the batter, dip into the hot oil, shake the mold abit to loosen up the batter. Use satay sticks to help you release the batter if need. Continue fry till a bit golden, remove and drain on kitchen paper.



Please see the the video from recipe source below.
Recipe Source : YouTube.

See below video from the source of recipe . Credit to the owner of the video.
YouTube http://youtu.be/O_dyEP54Q04




Overall, still not perfect the shape still not uniform. The taste is there though. I've seen other recipe requiring flour to be added but I guess that will yield is a more tougher texture which I don't like.

The most important thing for a successful result I think is the temperature and the thickness of the batter. Next try, I'd use thicker not so diluted coconut milk.





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...