Saturday, June 13, 2009

Introducing Fugly Sunny...

It's 2am and i need to wake up early tomorrow.. But i can't sleep before posting this hehehe
So pardon my long babblings..

The story...

Before walking in, my mind was set on the Lumix DMC-TZ7.



YOu know the one with the 12x Optical Zoom.. The one that with zoom function on video mode. I did my research. Eventho there's some grouses review on DMC-TZ7, i was adament to get it. (no pink unfortunately).

Side track.
My last 2 digital camera is Canon. My last trusted Canon is now aging and like other aging beings, i need to treat it with respect and hold it tenderly otherwise it'll refuse to coorperate with me. Hump...

Since i'm unsure if my Canon can survive the 2 weeks cold weather, i borrowed dad's Lumix to New York last year and and I like it all the shots turns out... (old Lumix model) In my opinion, dad's Lumix takes better picture in low light... and picture quality quite good too.


So we Walked to counter and tried dozen of cameras.(I tried the pinks first hehehe)
I want to make sure that i try all that appeals to me... or i'll be wondering bout it in months to come.
At this point, I still have not test Lumix DMC-TZ7 as i don't confuse myself on what to buy...



One of the camera that i quite like is a bright Pink Sony DSC-W220/P.

I don't like sony camera.. I don't know why. Those late nights researching, not once did i even consider or read on SONY.

But just now, What attract me is the bright Pink colour and the small palm size..

Price is at $390 is reasonable. The camera comes with SOny standard features. And i like that this camera work well under low light. The cons -> only 4x zoom and no zoom funtion for video recording. No wide lens.


Finally i tried Lumix DMC-TZ7.

Boy... i'm disappointed.

I'm not a pro...at all. I don't know what is aperture size or ISO or shutter speed.. and if you ask me 2 compare pictures of same object taken from 2 diff camera, i won't be able to tell the diff... and point out noise like wat pro can do.

But Lumix tz7 tad disappointing.. i can't point out which part.. but i can tell you.. the lagness in between shots and slow focus is going to annoy me in future. And also the 12x zoom shots does not turns on nice.

Jialat... now which one to choose.. Sony Pink or Lumix tz7.... ??

I don't know .. how?

But i know what i want in camera... what i want is simple.

I told him. I want ...

1 - High optical zoom (so i can zoom in to that handsome dude suntanning hahahaha )
2 - Optical image stabilzer
3 - ZOom mode durng video recording
4 - Able to perform well under low lighting.
5 - fast
6 - small enough to fit into my small bag (so SLR is no no... i don't want to go pro..)
7 - wide angle .. (this is not a Must)

Then out come this ugly baby ... Sony DSC H20... (Let's call it Sunny)

My first reaction.... urgsss... fugly..
2nd reaction... Not pink ...
3rd reaction ... bigger than Lumix (but still small enough for my bag)

i tried..

tried and tried all possible ways i know i'm going to subject Sunny to in future.

Even asked the guy for bigger memory card for me to test video recording.. and playback.

I'm worried that this camera cannot take good shots in low lighting area. So i told i'd like to test it.
He brought me out of shop to low light area to test the low lighting features.

(hehehe that is how fussy i am when i buy stuffs okie. I want this camera to last me 2 years at least so i must be really sure.)

Some of you will point out that it's not Leica lens... Well i don't care... as i mentioned.. i'm not a pro.

Woo Hoo...

I love it! i love it ! i love it ! .... my only grouse... is the lens.. It's not wide angle..
I can live with the body... i can always paste cute cute pinku or heart shape stickers kekekekke

But..

But i still want the Lumix.... sigh..

Then hubby said ... if i take Lumix... he predict, i will grumble and pester him to get another camera end of this year cos i can't stand the lagness. ( hahahah he knows me well )

Told the salesman... I walk into the store today with my mind set on Lumix and since he shown me Sony and i like it, and now i have to get it... but the 30mins there is not enough for me to fully test the camera before purchase and i didn't even read up on SOny. What if i don't like it... can i change back?

He said no problem.. they got exchange policy... so if i don't like the camera, i can return and exhange to Lumix TZ7 or the Pink Sony... he will get me to test till Monday and he will call me on Monday. If i still don't want, just go back to exchange another model.

(ps : Just incase you don't know. Some store allow that. Just be sure to ask on the exchange policy first before buying. I was so stupid last time... so there's many many times, i've ended with stuffs i'm not happy with.

I did the same thing when i purchase my last Home theater system. I bought Philips then 2 days later, i carted the whole box back to exchange to JVC... just be sure to have this agreement with the sales person... so you'll don't feel so embarrassed heheh )


Yeah.. yeah.. Yeah...... Yeah....


I'm now charging the battery.. Will test shot tomorrow..


After tomorrow... Canon the senior will be retiring permanently.


And here.. introducing Fugly Baby..Sony DSC-H20 .. aka Sunny.








Thank you hubby for letting me buy this... Now ... about my handphone ... hahahhaha

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

38mm for the min focal length is abit too small, you won't be able to take group photos unless u stand even further...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...