Thursday, July 23, 2009

Laundry woes..

To my overseas friends..
In Singapore if you are staying in HDB, just outside the kitchen window, there will be small pipe like holders. To dry your laundry, just peg your laundry on bamboo poles and stuck the poles into the small pipes.. :-) .
It is a common sight to see landry drying out on bamboo poles outside the house. That my friend is "Uniquly Singapore"


I'm not housework trained. My hubby did better in this department if he can find the time to do.

He once commented that he don't want me to vacuum the floor as i did a really bad job.. He don't want me to wash the dishes as he don't like the way i arranged the plates..
*shrug* If you ask me... i'd say "Sounds like good news to me :-) "

Infact he is so domesticated that he specifically requested the following for his last few birthdays present...
1) Dyson Vacuum cleaner
2) Whirlpool front loader washer
3) Electronics Front loader washer (when his Whirlpool died after 3 years)

and of course being such a lovely wife, i granted all his wishes and because i'm not the type to use something which i've given as present, (incase people say i "buruk siku") i only use the above a few times only. *grin*

(in defence -> husband said i don't know how to use the machine and he rather i don't touch it. Not that i purposely don't want to learn ok... He still find ways to critic my method.. It's ok babe.. it's all yours)

Anyway as you can see, dear hubby is very particular bout housework.. (understatement?? )
Same goes for laundry.. he just don't like the way i hang out the laundry ..

Since young, my mom taught me how to hang the laundry out to dry.

1) Place heavier wet clothes example jeans towel closer to the bamboo holder and lighter ones like my underwear and bra at the farthest end.

2) Pegs the wet clothes, balancing it and stuck it into the bamboo poles pipes.

See!.

How complicated can it be?

but NO.... obviously i wasn't taught well or he went to elite school or wat.. cos everytime i hang out laundry to dry, he will bring the poles back in and rearrange.

He said
- you hang the jeans wrongly
- you use the wrong pegs..
- this pole too many items..

I mentioned to him once that if he want me to do the laundry, i will not accept any comments else don't ask me to do...

Anyway... sometime back.. i did the laundry.

This is how i hang ... (anything wrong with this??? )
I took quite sometime to hang this u know. While hanging, i'm trying to recall the way he like it best. I want to see if he approve it this time.


He came back from work.
He looked out the balcony.
He didn't say anything... just smile ... smile... (seal of approval?? )


He look at me.. by then i know he's itching to say something hahaha

Finally he cannot control.... then out all his comments hahahha
He brought the poles back in and re-arrange.

This is how he rearrange .. (duh !!! ) I don't see much diff... (ok.. i know i'm not being fair... you can't see much from this pix)

You know.. I also don't like the way he hang the tshirt either. He will slot the pole inside the shirt sleeve thru the next and out the other sleeve. I hate it.. the way he hang, i see can only fit 4 shirt max.


Oh ya.. That night is a very educational night. I'm very priviledge that my husband spare sometime to give me a crash course on Pegs.

Wow... i didn't know it's that tough. He must have done some research on pegs i think cos he said " different pegs are for diff use.. " .. "you see this peg here... ok.. this peg is for tshirt.. " He began his lecture..



See... so complicated.. how am i suppose to remember all that? Luckily no pop quiz.

I told him... " next time i don't want to do laundry.. "

He said.. "takpe...... i still sayang u .. " awwww melting ..

psst : did i tell you that he don't like the way i fold the clothes?

psssst : did i tell you that once when i'm bringing in my laundry a pole full with my underwear slipped from my hand and fell down 4 storeys. hahha i panicked .... woke my bro in law and force him to go downstairs to retrieve it back. I fear that someone happened to see and STOMP it. So the next few days, STOMP is the top of my frequently access page.

3 comments:

Zue Murphy said...

It looks complicated. I didn't know you need a course to dry your clothes. Anyway, it draw both of you close to each other. :-)

Anonymous said...

Lucky my mom doesn't hang out the clothes on the bamboo poles, cos of inconsiderate neighbours hang out their dripping clothes out to dry. My mom pegs the clothes on the windows directy, and the clothes also dries this way, cos the sun is facing my kitchen in the morning. Only hang indoors on the poles when it's raining....

Lizzy said...

Kak Zue,
Auwwww... Kak Zue visiting me today.... yeaaaa yeeaaaa...

Yup yup he got his own way of doing housework.

And thinking back.. ya, i agree, all those little bantering makes us closer :-)

Wah Seng,
You bet.. My upstairs 7th floor neighbour till now still dunno how to hang laundry.

Read up this post
http://de-fabulous.blogspot.com/2009/01/neighbour-blues.html

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...