Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Double Trouble 2012

What : Double Trouble 2012
Where : Singapore Indoor Stadium
When : 12 October 2012
Who : Wings, Awie, Search, Amy

It's Friday after work. Weekend is just around the corner. Hubby actually forgotten that he was signed up for bowling tournament. Fortunately he manage to find a replacement. 

We went there separately as I attended a talk on "Social network and your Career" at main office. This talk more or less addressed some of the issues or points which I tried to put across to my team who are mostly below 30 years old, who thinks that it's ok to put up their frustrations online. The timing couldnt be more right. This was mere days after the Amy Cheong saga. More on the Social Network talk in my next next next post. (Entah bila la kan)

We are not as young as before, so we choose the last row aisle seats so we don't have to climb too many stairs down and up and easy exit to toilet lol. 

Oh ya, we saw my cousin Liza and Hubby there. Not that really close so we just said hi. 

We saw many empty seats. Unsure if its due to lack of publicity or high ticket price. My guess would be the latter. 

Eventhough we were up there, the tickets is not exactly cheap. This is only slightly cheaper than the MUSE concert we went to. 



Concert about 3.5hr long. Supposed to start at 8 but it started 30mins late. Amy a bit reserved.. Awie still energetic but WOW.. they still got stamina. 

Do scroll right down below to the link of the videos which I uploaded with much difficulties on YouTube. 

Should I blame my computer or my internet speed or YouTube or is the file of 1G plus too huge?


Anyway the pictures and video were taken with 17x Zoom. The only reason we bought this camera in the first place is because of the high zoom. 

That was couple of months earlier after we came back NYC. Thank you hubby for dropping our camera at Poughkeepsie Station.. I get to replace my camera ! 

As seen here, under high zoom, some of the shots turns out ok and some are bad. Need to clock more hours with my new camera. 



Ok, here's part 1 video of the Medley.. pardon the shake


Here's part 2 of the Medley



After concert we went to Lau Pa Sat. 

Quite surprise naper hubby nak pergi Lau Pa Sat when Awie's passing comment at the end of concert "nak makan soup tulang" so I  tot hubby nak stalk dorang pat soup tulang. (entah dorang really go or not tak tahu la kan)

Rupa2 nya hubby tak dengar. Dia ingat just like past concerts, dorang pergi Lau Pa Sat for supper tu yang sebabnya dia ajak gi Lau Pa Sat.

Went to usual Satay number 8... Dissapointing la malam tu. Kambing ngan Lembu rasa sama je. Abis tu tak cukup rasa. Tapi alhamdulilah kenyang juga la. 


To sum it all. 
The concert was ok. Worth the money we pay or not, that is subjective. In my personal opinion, it was just ok. Maybe if the crowd is more participative, then the atmosphere may be different. 

Songs line up is ok. If they are back to SG, I will definitely be back just to listen to their songs live. 

In terms of sound system. Awie vocal still ok. Amy voice at times drowned by the music and at times out of tune. Nevertheless I know it's not easy to sing in concert so no issue at all.

ps : Not sure if they each have their own sound engineer on site but I feel Wings sounded better. Of course i'm no engineer or sound expert. I'm just bias. :-)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...