Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Garden by the Bay

Banyak betul unpublished post. Type type type tapi takde mood nak post. 

Here's a recent pic we took at Garden by the Bay. All taken with iPhone 4 so it's not exactly clear. 

I've been wanting to there with mom, sis and the lil tykes but sis not that keen :-) More like malas to jalan agaknya. 

So one of the weekend I dragged my darling. This was after we went to Mabel's housewarming on one Sunday afternoon. We had vegetarian lunch at her place, which I quite enjoy. (Surprise surprise)

The idea of going to garden is to enjoy the scenery and peacefulness. Being a Sunday, the place is full with tourists and locals alike. Not surprising since this is the newest attraction here what more being close proximity to Marina Bay Sand and easily accessible to the recently opened Circle Line. 

If I can pick a day, I'd choose a weekday when it's less crowded so that I can soak up the beautiful man made landscape. I probably make another trip many months later when the flowers and trees are older. . 

The outdoor garden is free. You only need to pay for the admission to the Cloud Forests and Flowers Dome as well as the OCBC skyway. 

Anyway I snapped alot pictures with my phone but it doesn't turn up well. 


Something to accompany us down the park. I read somewhere, the Mao Shan Wang Durian is the best Durian ice cream here. Its awesome... best or not.. I have no idea but this suit my palate. 




Oh ya... I fall in love with orchids here. I almost wanted to buy a pot back and Hubby almost caved in lol.


Dad would love this place so I told Dad a few days later that I'd bring both him and mom there one the weekend. Not anytime soon as dad and mom schedule is more packed than me.. heeheh 



We paid $12 each to enter Cloud Forest. It's much cheaper for local. Tourist need pay $28 for 2 Conservatories. 

I think the idea it's cheaper for local is because they want to encourage more locals to visit. Actually the Outdoor Garden is pretty enough and it's free. We only buy tickets to the air-conditioned Cloud Forest to escape from the heat.

Click this for Visitors information 


Local Resident Rate*
One ConservatoryTwo ConservatoriesOCBC SkywayGarden Cruiser
Adult
$12
$20
$5
$5
Senior Citizen(≥ 60 years old)
$8
$15
$5
$5
Child
(3 - 12 years old)
$8
$12
$3
$3
*Singapore citizens, permanent residents and those living in Singapore, including holders of employment passes, work permits or dependent passes. Proof of residency may be required when purchasing tickets or when entering conservatories.

Told ya. 

How to enjoy the Cloud Forest with that many ppl up there. lol I can't even stop and enjoy the view so as not to block the person behind. Anyway its really scary up there... There's a warning sign for visitors with highblood and unwell should not proceed :-) 
 

View from the top. Actually i can't decide if this picture need to be rotated or not? Can't remember what i'm trying to capture. 



Ahhhh Finally can see the so call cloud !


Part of the Outdoor Garden with the Super Tree in the background. Lets give this park another year and i'm sure the view will be much more stunning.


OCBC Skyway, surrounded by Giant SuperTree.  We didn't get to go up. Tickets sale closed by the time we left Cloud Forest. I've been seeing this picture on web. Seeing it close and right before my eye awe me.  It truly is a beautiful sight. 


The Supertrees are home to enclaves of unique and exotic ferns, vines, orchids and also a vast collection of bromeliads such as Tillandsia, amongst other plants. They are fitted with environmental technologies that mimic the ecological function of trees –photovoltaic cells that harness solar energy which can be used for some of the functions of the Supertrees, such as lighting, just like how trees photosynthesize; and collection of rainwater for use in irrigation and fountain displays, exactly like how trees absorb rainwater for growth. The Supertrees also serve air intake and exhaust functions as part of the conservatories' cooling systems. - Wiki

As we walked out of Texas Chicken dinner, I snapped this stunning night scenary with Marina Bay Sand in the background. We will be back. 



This picture did not do justice. If you have the skills, you can take good pictures using crappy iphone camera. How I wish I have some skills to take good pictures.

Maybe we should stay one night here for my birthday. What say you darling? 

To sum it all, 
Garden by the bay, surrounded by Marina Bay Sands with view of Singapore Flyers, Marina Barrage and soon to be Garden by the Bay satay club... is a nice place to chill out. 

Just exploring the place can set you back 2 to 3hrs especially if you plan to visit the 2 conservatories. 

Bring insect repellent. I did not get any bites but my husband did :-)

Go to the Garden By the Bay website and plan your visit. There are a lot of interesting places there which we've yet to visit. We only manage to visit small part of Heritage garden.

Come in comfortable walking shoes, bring your own sandwich or food. The foodcourt is really crowded and the restaurants not cheap. 

Buy cold drinking water from the supermarket or 7 Eleven from marina bay link Mall. It's hot and humid and you need to dehydrate yourselves. Toilet is very clean so don't have to worry bout needing the loo. 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...