Sunday, May 17, 2015

Assam Pedas ikan sembilang dan Telur Ikan Tenggiri. Untuk Ulam, Kacang Botol dan Daun Selasih. (Assam Pedas Ikan Sembilang and Fish Roe. Winged Beans and Thai Basil for sides.) Ikan Sembilang.. What can I say. This assam ikan sembilang is our family fav dish. I wonder what did i dreamt off yesterday because I woke up thinking of assam sembilang. 😂😂 And so i dragged Mr to market today and so glad that's it's on sale today. The lady selling it at $8 per kilo. I bought 2 small piece and it cost me only. $5. Cheap i think. Prepping is important for ikan sembilang. This is to get rid of the fishy smell and if its not done properly your whole dish will be ruined. After cleaning and soaking in assam and lime and salt, I spent quite awhile pulling out the white veins from the fish. I always wonder how mom can find the veins easily. Finding the vein part is something i hate bout cooking this fish and which is also why despite this being my fav fish, i only cook this twice out of our 17 years of marriage. I wanted to add Daun Selasih to the gravy but i think Mr would not like the taste.. so i had it as sides together with winged beans. #blog #lunch


via Instagram http://ift.tt/1Acb02k

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...