Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Pan Fried Cod with Sambal

I've been cutting down carb intake and up my protein. 

Getting enough protein is a big challenge.  I was told that an adult need an average if 62g of protein daily.  I don't think I even meet half of the daily intake.

Egg is great source of protein.. unfortunately I seems to get itchy after eating eggs so I'll limit my intake as of now. Soy is also a great source... but after a week or so, I got rashes after drinking soy milk so I limit my intake as well.

My other options are fish, chicken, meat. I don't enjoy red meat hence my main protein source is Chicken. Curry chicken, KFC chicken, Mac Spicy, Chicken nuggets.. you name it. That is until recently when hubby bought a packet full of frozen fish from Fassler.. 

I've been a great fan since. Reasons being, 
1) It's fast to thaw 
2) Fast to cook - Took me minutes in oven grill.. equally fast pan fried
3) Healthier... - No fatty chicken skin that I can sneak into my mouth
4) It's yummy without the need for sauce etc... just simple salt and pepper. 
5) Load's of simple recipes you can create just by digging your fridge and pantry... My only problem is.. I cannot recall what I added previously and can't re-create lol 

This is fast food my way to the next level. It's even faster than calling Mac Donald. 

Today is Frozen Cod fish pan fried with sambal. 

Pan fried with a big of olive oil, when it's half cooked, I added a table spoon of sambal on the fish, add sliced onions and cover a while to steam. 

Remove cover and continue pan fried till sauce dry up and serve. 

I added Lemon slice and fried onions and chopped parsley and carrot.. because I happened to have it in the fridge. 

This is very easy because most Malay can't leave without sambal so I'm sure you can find left over sambal in your fridge. There's so many other yummy combinations you can try. Try Sambal kicap. Or if you want to, try store bought Thai Chili Paste. A bit sweet but will do for emergency fix. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...