Thursday, November 14, 2013

red velvet cupcake

I'm not a fan of too sweet treats. I do indulge myself once a while but I often cannot finish the whole slice.

My idea of good cake is just plain old warm butter cake without frosting. Red velvet among others like carrot cake falls into too sweet category for me. So it's no surpise that I don't enjoy it.

My first taste of carrot cake was at Magnolia bakery in New York.  The colour frightened me and it's cloyingly sweet. It's only years later that I had another bite and this time at Coffee Bean. It's not that bad but I still don't like it.

Then I saw friends posted on facebook their red velvet cuppies and I just had to try. I figured, if I do it myself, I can tweek the recipe to suit me... particularly, reduce the amount of sugat in the frosting. In addition I can bring the cuppies to office to share.

I got the following recipe from all recipes.
http://www.recipe.com/mccormick-red-velvet-cupcakes/

I reduced the amount of icing sugar for the frosting but the frosting was runny so I ended adding the rest of the icing 😄

Not something I'd bake again. The amount of colouring added is frightening. Next time, I'd try without colouring and frosting.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...