Sunday, November 17, 2013

Pan Fried Salmon with butter garlic sauce

Yours truly had an incident yesterday. Fortunately, hubby was working late too else I'm very sure I'll get all panicky and brawling my eyes out calling for him... 

My colleagues called for an ambulance and they were there within 10 minutes. Given the choice, I would definitely opt to go KTPH but KTPH is quite a distance from office. The nearest hospital is Tan Tock Seng Hospital or Changi General Hospital so Tan Tock Seng we went. 

There, I was given a series of injections and being put on drip. I'm then being put on observation. In the morning, I can breathe comfortably and the doctor asked if I'd like to stay overnight or go home. Naturally I opted to be discharged. Nothing cures me as well as my stinky pillow and blanket.

Thinking back, It's so embarrassing. To be in that situation where most of the people that witnessed the scene are my colleagues is really something. I don't know where to put my face when I start work on Monday... and I can't believe I actually laid down on the dirty carpet where people walk in day in day out from the loo and such...EEEeeekkk. 

That besides, I'm awfully touched by all the well wishes. To all my friends, I'm all rested and recovering well. Thank you so much for your concern. 

Anway, no pictures of hospital stay as I look awful then. Instead, here's something I cooked a couple of weeks back. Enjoy !

Pan Fried Salmon with butter garlic sauce. 


Ingredients
Salmon steak
Salt / Pepper

For the sauce 
(I didn't measured actually. Just dumped in. You are the chef so you decide how much you want to add.)
2 tablespoon butter - I'm pretty sure I added more than 2 tablespoon :-)
2 cloves garlic
Milk
Flour for thickening
Juice from 1/4 or 1/2 lemon - Up to you. 
Spring onions or dill or chives

1) Season the salmon steak with salt and pepper. Pan fry the fish
2) Once done, use the same pan, melt butter in. Careful don't burn the butter
3) Saute the garlic
4) Add milk and stir in a bit of flour for thickening
5) Season with salt and pepper... you may also add some stock if you like
6) Add lemon juice. 
7) Taste it. Add more lemon juice or seasoning if you like
8) Turn off heat and add chopped spring onions or if you have, fresh dill or chives. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...